Thursday, February 25, 2010

Just moved in a new apt. & i'm looking for new color schemes for painting the walls,where can i find some idea

Hi and CONGRATS on your new place!





I love to interior decorate! .


I find inspiration everywhere...in dept stores, on tv, in magazines.. etc...





-But-





Most of my ideas i get thru online catalogs.


These sites have great pictures that highlight furniture placement, color scheme, accessories etc...





I hope you will enjoy these sites as much as i do!


GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW APT!Just moved in a new apt. %26amp; i'm looking for new color schemes for painting the walls,where can i find some idea
As a painter/decorator they are many choices for colors,I tell my customers not to try every single shade,theres so many .A great place to start is; www.sherwinwilliams.com. Remember those med taupe colors are the modern approach.....Just moved in a new apt. %26amp; i'm looking for new color schemes for painting the walls,where can i find some idea
If I were you, I'd check out this site. It has a lot of useful tips and advice for apartment living and decorating ideas.





http://apartments.typepad.com/my_pad/





Good Luck!
fold-out brochures from a paint store or hd or lowe's
Im a sixties person and I guess the only answer is clean white emulsion and them add terrific materials and objects .You are stuck with coloured walls ,but keep changing the possessions all the time .
Happy Dayzzz has given you some good websites. I'll add the Sherwin Williams Color Visualizer:


http://sherlink.sherwin.com/swapp/color_鈥?/a>





It's my fave of all of the paint company's online sites. It allows you to see their whole color palette all at once or you can narrow it down by specific color family; the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and best of all, it shows you suggested coordinating colors at the bottom of the page.
I go on line searching for other things - e.g. bathroom ideas, tiles, furniture, etc, and as a result you see ideas from those settings. I was looking for bathroom tiles some time ago and as a result of seeing different settings, I completely chnaged my mind about what I thought I wanted. Also you can look up site like Dulux or Crown paint - both show colour schemes and use of their colurs, but with furniture added to give the whole room effect. Next catalogue on line - also give you ideas. Alternatively, keep trying searches like: Room ideas, colour designs, room settings etc. It is amazing what you find, and the number of ideas you are offered that you perhaps had not otherwise considered. Good luck with your decorating. I know how important it is to get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment