Thursday, February 25, 2010

Paint a concrete retaining wall?

I would like to paint the concrete retaining wall in my back yard. It already has a white paint on it. Can I just paint over it with brown without removing the old paint? Do I have to use a special concrete paint or will regular paint work?Paint a concrete retaining wall?
Regular latex paint will work, but not be very durable. If it was my wall, I would pressure wash it, then paint it with Dry Loc or some other epoxy type paint.





I have painted concrete block with latex exterior paint and it works OK.. but not as good as the Dry LocPaint a concrete retaining wall?
I would use ';DryLOC';-a cement water sealer,before doing any painting on concrete. It locks out moisture and adds a good base for paint.
Pressure wash off the latex and stain the concrete wall whatever color you want. If you use latex you WILL have to repaint it eventualy even if you use products that set paint.


Concrete stains can be painted or sprayed on.
Yes, you can paint right over it with any color you like. And yes, if you want it to last, you should use a paint that is made specifically for concrete.

No comments:

Post a Comment