Saturday, February 27, 2010

How do you know that you've applied enough paint primer to a wall?

I'm moving out of my apartment and have to paint the walls white. I've applied two coats of primer (latex) so far over medium-blue, and you can still see some blue beneath it (it's not solid white, I mean).


Do I need to keep applying primer until the wall is solid white, or can I now proceed to 1-2 coats of white paint?How do you know that you've applied enough paint primer to a wall?
All the primer is for is to cover or seal, if you have two coats on that is plenty. Go ahead and add your finish paint over it, it is thicker and will cover the blue tint you still see.How do you know that you've applied enough paint primer to a wall?
First, applying a primer depends on the color that you are trying to cover. You mentioned medium blue so I would think that one coat is all you need. If you were covering up deeper color then you may need two coats. Even seeing a little bit of blue, you should be ok to go ahead and apply the paint. Also, next time make sure to purchase a good rated primer. Ask for assistance at the paint store, home depot, lowes, etc and they should be able to tell you which primer works best. I have attached a link and should give you good guidance on primers.

No comments:

Post a Comment