Saturday, February 27, 2010

Can I paint over the vinyl wall panels in a mobile home? I don't like the color it currently is.?

Has anyone tried this? Will it look terrible? Will the paint stick? Any advice?Can I paint over the vinyl wall panels in a mobile home? I don't like the color it currently is.?
These are good. If you want to go one step further, remove the batten strips, mud and sand the seams, then prime and paint.Can I paint over the vinyl wall panels in a mobile home? I don't like the color it currently is.?
thoroughly clean with TSP. rinse and dry. use a very high quality primer that has excellent adhesion property. dont go cheap on the primer, or the job will be a waste. when the primer is fully cured, you can paint anything you like over it.
The question isn't can you paint over them, of course you can. The question is will the paint stick. First you need to CLEAN the walls. The walls in homes seem to attract dirt and debris. If there was a smoker in the house it makes it that much worse. Has anyone fried a chicken or steak in the house? That's more residue on the walls. Get a GOOD commercial cleaner and scrub the walls thoroughly. Then go to a paint store and ask about an appropriate primer and paint to finish the job. Follow the directions to the letter and you should be home free...
I painted over the vinyl window frame in my kitchen. You'll need to use oil-based paint. It looks good and it sticks well.
sure. just put on a primer paint and let it dry, then paint over in the color of your choice.
  • hair show
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment