Thursday, February 25, 2010

Is there somewhere online that I can ';paint'; a wall before i actually do it?

I looked at home depot online, but i can't make the room how I want it.Is there somewhere online that I can ';paint'; a wall before i actually do it?
Well, when I wanted to paint my room online - I used photoshop/gimp.


It was really easy for me, since I am good with graphics though ...





You could always try drawing it out.


Taking swatchs of color and putting them where you want certain things to go - like a collage. sorta like this : http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/uimages/鈥?/a>Is there somewhere online that I can ';paint'; a wall before i actually do it?
While most paint sites offer the option to ';paint'; a room with the color of your choice, online colors are terrible and not true to life. I have used the Valstar site and it is pathetic. Greens aren't green, blues are worse but in reality no color is actual so I find them worthless. It is better to pick up paint sample charts, bring them home, attach them to the wall and live with them for a while. You need to see what the color does during the day and night lighting before you can make a choice. Some paint companies offer small cans to try on your wall in small patches. Whatever you want to do you have to live with a swatch or a paint smear before you make the choice. An online room is not going to do that for you. Colors continue to be an online nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment