Thursday, February 25, 2010

Is painting one wall red in my room a good idea?

Alright, so first of all, my bedroom is fairly large considering the rest of the rooms in my house. I have 2 windows that generally give a lot of light and keep the room bright during the day.


My mom is letting me paint one wall in my room in a color I pick (and another niche sort of thing - a thin wall that stands out more than the rest, and is in the wall exactly opposite the wall I am going to paint).





Is red a good idea to paint the wall? I want a sort of rich, intimate, more on the dark side color, and I really like red, but I don't know if it's good for my sort of room. The wall that I would be painting has one window right on the wall next to it and one opposite of it. Basically when a person enters my room they don't see that wall right away, because it's the same wall that the door is on. (I can't put it on the opposite wall, though, because that wall has my ceiling-to-floor wardrobe, the niche/wall thing and the window. And my mom doesn't want me to paint the other two walls, which will remain white, by the way.)





Is red a good idea for that sort of room? Would the natural light coming from the windows compliment it, or just take away from the light? My second choice (if not red) is blue, a deep but not too dark shade of blue (kind of like this: http://www.acfamerica.org/assets/images/鈥?/a> but a bit darker, I think).





By the way, the red I want is kind of like this:


http://ericbeth.home.comcast.net/~ericbe鈥?/a>


(Would it look odd if all the other walls are white?)





That was kind of long, haha.. sorry and thanks for any help :)Is painting one wall red in my room a good idea?
The is the exact same colour as I painted my room not too long ago, and I LOVE it. Red is gorgeous and I think if you have enough light coming into your room then it should be fine. Red is one of the most difficult colours to paint with, though. So make sure you put on two coats of primer before you start painting to give it a good base so you don't see streaks.Is painting one wall red in my room a good idea?
only if u want tew
I also painted only one of my walls red in my room. I like the contrast. U should see if your mom will allow you to color your other walls a light beige color. It will compliment the red better. I think you would be happy with it. I think it gives my room more character.

No comments:

Post a Comment