Thursday, February 25, 2010

Why do I keep getting air bubbles in my paint when painting the ceilings and walls ?

These are big and small air pockets coming out even before the paint is dry !Why do I keep getting air bubbles in my paint when painting the ceilings and walls ?
it most likely has nothing to do on whether you are using a brush or roller. there are many things that could be contributing to your problem. first of all it could happen if you are trying to put a water based paint over an oil based paint. it could be that you didn't clean your walls or ceilings properly before you painted, it could be that you are re coating and the previous coat has not dried enough and if that is the case once you re coat it can pull on the paint. did you do any repairs and either not allow them to dry enough or did you not prime them? i have paint that bubbles sometimes and 99% of the time the bubbles will shrink once the paint has properly dried and cured.Why do I keep getting air bubbles in my paint when painting the ceilings and walls ?
I had the same problem when I painted. Not sure what your using but my problem was the roller. Rollers come in a different thicknesses. Fluffy ones are designed for walls that are not flat so the paint will get into each indentation. Smoother rollers work better for most walls. There isn't a lot of different in the amount of padding but it makes a world of difference with the paint.
Are you using a brush? If so, try using a roller. And if you are using a roller, is it old? If so, clean it very good, or simply go buy a new one. They're cheap and come in a bag with three of them in there.
Yah, I agree with Jen. If you are using a paintbrush definitely use a roller.

No comments:

Post a Comment