Saturday, February 27, 2010

How do I use Wall Magic to paint my small bathroom? How do I paint above doors where the space is small?

I'm assuming ';wall magic'; is a kit you bought. Directions can be hard to follow on a lot of those kits. Try getting some cardboard, sheets of paper(even brown bags opened up will work), or paper plates and practice your technique on that first.





Small areas and corners can be tricky when using pre-made faux finish tools. Your best bet is use a small brush, the same paints and apply them very very lightly. Use little paint, almost a dry brush. I stess this because you can always add more, but it's a lot more work when you add too much.





No matter how close you get, please realize, YOU will notice the difference, but your guests and family won't. Resist the urge to point all the faults out to them, I know it's hard, you'll always see the parts you didn't do as well as others. Let it go, and just enjoy the finished product - take from a perfectionist, you'll have to let it go or it will drive you crazy.





I ran into a similar problem using venetian plaster in my kitchen. How to touch up corners, how to do the two inch wide space of 9'dry wall on a window wall (between the windows), and how to paint above 8' high cabinets in a corner? I couldn't use the plaster on a brush, I had to have a custom color paint mixed to hand apply and blend in to those impossible to reach areas.





Pain in the a**, but looks awesome and I'm glad I spent the back breaking hours to do it. Good luck!How do I use Wall Magic to paint my small bathroom? How do I paint above doors where the space is small?
THERE ARE PAINT PADS MADE THAT WILL GET INTO NARROW SPACES. THE NAP WILL HOLD PAINT WELL AND STILL SMEAR IT GOOD ON THE SURFACE YOU ARE PAINTING WITH NO OVERLAP ON SOMETHING YOU DON'T WANT TO PAINT. I HAVE USED THEM TO PAINT LARGE SURFACES ALSO. THEY ARE NEAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment