Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Do I NEED to wash down my walls before painting if I use BERH paint?

Ok, so I have a LOT of painting to do and limited time!! BEHR has a paint+primer in one. however my walls have scuff marks and hand prints on them.. Since the paint has primer in it already, does anyone know if Id be ok if I painted without washing the walls first? I was sorta hoping the primer would do the trick.....Do I NEED to wash down my walls before painting if I use BERH paint?
You don't have to since it has the primer already in it, but if there's any kind of grease or anything like that I would suggest doing it. Behr Ultra paint is awesome. I worked at Home Depot and went to a class over the new paint. It is really good.Do I NEED to wash down my walls before painting if I use BERH paint?
Paint will cover and stick to a lot of dirt, but...if it is loose, like dust, or greasy, like cooking oil, then you need to remove it first. Also some stains bleed..ie magic marker, lip stick and these need to be sealed
no you do not have to do that. just make any repairs to holes and sand before painting
always do it no mater what paint

No comments:

Post a Comment