Thursday, February 25, 2010

How to remove paint from a wall ?

i was painting one of my rooms when my 2 year old desided he wanted to help daddy paint well he ended up painting the wrong room and painted the wall panelling instead how do i remove the paint from the paneling i could replace it but this is an old house and the wall paneling is hard to come by now . i've tried a spong and water and bleach it seems to work but would paint thinner work?How to remove paint from a wall ?
Is it latex paint? If so, they make products that remove paint - I think one is called Oops. I used it on a spot of paint that got on my carpets in my new house and it worked beautifully. I don't know what kind of finish is on the wood paneling originally so I don't know if this kind of product will affect that. Talk to someone in a paint store (not a paint department where they hire kids who don't know much about paint) and see what you can find out. Sponge and water won't work, nor will bleach. Paint thinner might be certain to remove the original finish of the paneling.


As a last resort, if you're not able to remove the paint, you may have to paint the paneling that your child helped you with. How to remove paint from a wall ?
is the panelling real wood or an imitation wood and is it a water based paint? first of all try very hot water especially if the panelling has a smooth surface. you can also try methyl hydrate it will remove an water based paints. please do not use oops or goo gone or any of those other products they may damage the finish on your panelling.
Have you tried one of those magic erase sponges~I think it is by Mr Clean~they take quite a bit of things off walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment