Thursday, February 25, 2010

Painting my new house 2 tone with accent wall...advice?

I am getting ready to paint my house. I am painting the trim/doors/ceiling white, and the walls tan(ish) with an accent wall in each room. What order should I do it...trim, then walls, or walls then trim? I think the accent wall will be last? Just some good general advice from someone who's done it before would be great!





Thanks in advance!Painting my new house 2 tone with accent wall...advice?
I love how people criticize your style instead of answering the question....that's ';passe';





Walls then trim. Personally, i take the trim off and then put it back on at the end. However, I am messy. You could also just pull it back an inch. If you're not worried about being messy though, the proper way is to do the walls, then the trim. i agree that the accent wall should be last after the ';main'; walls, but still leave the trim for very last.





By the way, I think that will look good!Painting my new house 2 tone with accent wall...advice?
I usually do the accent wall first, then other walls, then trim.
do not paint one acccent wall in every room.. out of style.. very passe'
Use black for the trim.
One accent on each room is a little too much. An accent color goes great on a big room to create a focal point. Whole colors each room is good to create its individual identitiy.





Really depnds on what colors are already existing, or what colors you want to see. I did an olive green accent wall for my living room to have a great backdrop to my Parisian scenes oil paintings. Got slip covers for my couch set after to balance out the new colors in the room.





I also finished painting my bathroom a cooler green to promote that serene feeling. Even though my place is only an apartment, at least the paint adds a more personal feel. Curtains close the deal after.





My bedroom will have that boudoir sense cause I will paint it a merlot red.





Each room should have its own personality. So you can paint a color to each room. Paint first. Trim after. So you have less tape time to worry about.





Get accessories last. They should compliment your colors and thus creating a harmonious place. This is so much fun.





Trims and moldings go great to create the illusion of higher ceilings or if you have high ceilings to accnetuate the actual asset.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment