Monday, February 8, 2010

How can you match a paint color on your wall if you don't have anything with the color to take to the store?

I had some extra paint that came with my house when I bought it. The color looked to me the same as the color in my kitchen. I applied the color to a few spots in the kitchen and it is much lighter. I don't have anything with the correct color on it that I could take into the store to have it matched. Is there anything else that anyone could suggest? I have a Christmas party next week and need to get it done by then!How can you match a paint color on your wall if you don't have anything with the color to take to the store?
Use a digital camera to take picture of the wall and print out photo if you have a color printer. If not take the digital file to a store that has this service. Compare photo to wall before taking to home improvement store for paint match. or get several paint chip samples from store (grab all that are in that color group) and take them home and match up the exact shade that way. or if this is something that you just painted the paint will darken a shade or two when it is completely dry. Hope this helps!How can you match a paint color on your wall if you don't have anything with the color to take to the store?
Try taking off a few outlet covers and see if they were painted behind- if so you could use a razor blade and cut out a small piece of the wallboard paper that is painted and take that in-- and it won't show under the cover. Worked for us.
Clean the walls in the kitchen with TSP. They have darkened with cooking. It's hard to spot paint unless you clean the walls or paint the rntire wall.
take a picture of it and bring it in on your camera, or cell phone

No comments:

Post a Comment